Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Mail to the Chief

A friend's mother sends in a piece of fan-mail. You may need to read between the lines:

Dear Michelle,

I’m Gabe's mother and a lifelong pun aficionado. I think puns are the highest form of humor. I wrote a term paper in college all in puns.

As Gabe’s Ma, you know I appreciate smart humor, and I find your pun blog is simply Ma-velous.

You now have a place of honor on my Favorites toolbar....where I go everyday at cocktail hour for a screwdriver.

Add me to your list of fans....and believe me, I’m no blowhard.

Keep on keeping on,
Julie L.


What follows is my response letter, with Mrs. L's second e-mail back in CAPS:

Dear Mrs. L,

Thank you so much for writing!! I had to pull out my Lil' Orphan Annie decoder ring to try to catch all of the hidden meanings and word play, and like a three-year-old in a fireworks shop, had a blast.

I’M GLAD MY ATTEMPTS AT HUMOR DIDN’T BOMB.

I highly encourage you to take part in our very "active" comments section. If you choose not to comment, that's fine... the site will continue wit or wit-out you... day and night, rain or shine, weather you like it or not.

I DID POST A COMMENT ALTHOUGH AFTER SO MANY OF YOUR GOOD PUNS, IT WAS SOMEWHAT OF AN ANTI-CLIMATES.

So grab the bull by the horns and steer us in the right direction!

PARTICIPATING IS CALF THE FUN!

Thanks again,
Michelle


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home